Benefits of Membership
- Port80 meetups and events, where your peers gather to make connections, find collaborators and discuss work
- Use of the official AWIA logo demonstrates membership of our professional association
- Listing in the AWIA Industry Directory (business members only)
- Commitment to Widelines distinguishes your ethical approach from competitors
- News articles relevant to Australian web professionals
- Listings of events of professional interest
- Monthly newsletter emailed to your inbox
- Listen to – and question – experts on industry topics at Port80 events
- Details of conferences, resources, courses and training opportunities
- Access to industry-leading insurance package specifically tailored to the web industry
- Free ad hoc legal advice, holiday travel discounts, free debt-collection consult (the password is sent in your welcome email)
- Discounted entry fees to the Australian Web Awards
- Discounted registration fees to selected industry partner events
- Voting entitlements at Annual and Special General Meetings
- Opportunity to join the AWIA Committee
Membership Types & Cost
BusinessAWIA Business Membership is open to companies, businesses and freelancers who make their primary income from the web. The category (and cost) of Business membership depends on the number of employees covered.
Less than three employeesFor sole traders or businesses with less than three full-time employees (or equivalent in contractor payments) the cost of membership is $150 a year.
Three to ten employeesFor businesses or institutions with more than two full-time employees (or equivalent in contractor payments) but less than eleven full-time employees (or equivalent) the cost of membership is $600 per year.
Eleven to 100 employeesFor businesses or institutions with more than ten full-time employees (or equivalent in contractor payments) but less than 101 FT employees/members/FT students the cost of membership is $900 per year.
More than 100 employeesFor businesses or institutions with more than 100 full-time employees (or equivalent in contractor payments) the cost of membership is $2,500 per year. For the purpose of calculating membership fees, part-time staff can be aggregated to full-time equivalents:
- An employee who works 35 hours a week or more is a full-time employee
- An employee who works 15 hours to 38 hours a week is a part-time employee
- Three 15-21 hour a week part-timers – one full-timer
- Two 22-38 hour a week part-timers – one full-timer
IndividualAWIA Individual Membership is open to:
- Employees of web businesses
- People with an interest in the web who wish to support AWIA